Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The First Snow. By Dad.

I enjoy hearing Christmas music on the radio, which here used to start after Thanksgiving. This year, I found a station that started playing it the day after Halloween. I just thought that was peculiar, but it was a nice change (although reminded me that we hadn't done any shopping). Needless to say, that the radio stations were better at predicting the weather than the meteorologists. This past weekend we were buried in our first snow of the year. We were able to get all the leaves in our backyard to the leaf dropoff (only took five truckloads) on the day before it snowed. Unfortunately, the snow caught me off guard with the trampoline. I was lucky enough to be able to take it down with six inches of snow on the ground (and mat), weather in the 20s, and a nice frigid breeze off of Lake Michigan. It only took 3x as long to get it apart due to the bars and frame being froze together. Maybe next year, I will not procrastinate and get the stuff done before the last minute (or at least get Megan out there enjoying it with me). To all those down south, enjoy what warm fall weather you have left, and to those up north as well, Happy WINTER and stay warm!

No comments:

About Me

Michigan
A blog devoted to the daily life of Royce, Raelynn, Megan and Evan. A glimpse into our love, craziness, and sillies.